Posted to alt.home.repair
Oren

Default Toilet clogs repeatedly...

On 28 Mar 2006 17:16:12 -0800, wrote:

Years ago Had a commode that would stop flushing then would flush
perfect for two or three times then stopup. After trying all ways to
auger it out finally took bowl up. Found the lid of a tin can in trap
that was acting like a butterfly, opening and closing.
The auger was bypassing it.

Bought my house and the seller mentioned the new toilets. So we pulled
them during a tile job before we moved in - several Q-tips ... never
got to the auger, but one did have a flush issue before the sell.

Oren
excused from saving Universes."