Posted to rec.woodworking
Pop

Default Woodsmith scammers

Lots of mags do that for some reason. I always let them expire
and 90% of the time I get a very good rate just before the last
issue goes out, which I then take. By waiting until it actually
expires, the next offer is usually not the lowest one, and not
even as low as the previous one; you have to wait another month
or so for that one, so you end up possibly missing a couple of
issues, but that one will be the best price of all. Most of the
time I don't really care about an issue or two missing; so I just
wait for their low-ball offer. Usually, it works out to my
advantage but ymmv for sure.
One, I forget which right now, puts a blow-in card for a great
price in the issue that comes aftere the "last issue". Yeah, I
know; but it says that on the cover, and yet one more issue
always shows up; with a good deal on a blow-in.

Pop

"Rob V" wrote in message
ink.net...
Things like this **** me off.
I got a renewal notice today from my Woodsmith mag.
2 years for 36.00
Just for giggles I checked their website - I can get 2 years
there for $26.00.

I hate when they try to scam the ppl that support them.
Just ****es me off.

--
Thanks,
Rob