Posted to sci.electronics.repair
JANA

Default Sony video walkman GV-S50 change to PAL?

In many of these units, to change the broadcast system that it operates on,
the tuner section, IF section, and video processing sections are of
different specifications. This also includes the sync drives, and the servo
setup for the tape section.

In more simple terms, there are a number of boards and parts to change, and
then a recalibration is required, to make many of these types of units work
on a different broadcast system.

This applies to many of the models in this level of unit.

You can download the user manual he
http://esupport.sony.com/perl/model-...s.pl?mdl=GVS50

--

JANA
_____

"Seb" wrote in message
news Hi
I hope this is the right place to ask.

I brought a GV-S50 on ebay the seller said he was in the UK where I am, it
then arrived from America!!

My question is can I modify it to PAL, someone mentioned that it may have
both the circuits already and just the NTSC is activated for the American
market, if its sold to the UK the PAL section is used. I know the PAL
version will play both PAL and NTSC tapes.
Does anyone know anything about this I have searched google with no luck

I was hoping I could use it to monitor video but again my video signal does
not work with it.
Maybe someone has the schematics and could have a check for me please.

Thanks loads Seb