Stanley Dornfeld

Default History of Machine Tools

Hey Bob...

When I first stood in front of a Bridgeport mill I thought it was just built
by a big company. I didn't realize it was designed and built by a person
like you or me. It's nice to believe a machinist can build something as
cool as a milling machine. You get that feel by reading the history of
inventions and their origins.

Also, history gives you a prospective of where the technology is going in
the future. By viewing the origin of how an invention was conceived, then
where it has come today, it can help us find the direction it will go in the
future. If you have an idea where things will go in the future you can make
plans to your advantage. *Smile

Regards,

Stan-