Posted to uk.d-i-y
Lobster

Default what is it called?

Chris Bacon wrote:
ron wrote:

Hi I am going to be decorating my bathroom soon and while I was
measuring the floor to get a size for new flooring I noticed this

http://i1.tinypic.com/sfknxz.jpg

What is the white thing called and will it just be a simple matter of
removing the toilet and replacing it.

It's a straight pan connecter running into a sawn-off piece of solvent
weld pipe. You may have trouble removing this, it looks as if gap
filling solvent cement has been liberally applied! What a ghastly
looking job. Look at the overflow, too! I'm sure you can improve this!

Don't see what problem is - the white pan connector should pull straight
out of the grey solvent-weld pipe, and can be replaced. What's the
point of changing the grey pipe, as you seem to be suggesting?

David