Posted to misc.consumers.house

Default Bath Fan Venting

Speedy Jim wrote:
dosferatu wrote:

Is there any difference between venting bathroom fans through roof or out a
wall? Is one way better?

I'd prefer not to cut a hole in my roof, but to vent through a wall I'll
have to run 25' of duct.

Thanks.

Careful if that 25 ft run is thru the attic and
it gets cold where you are. Often, condensation
inside the duct occurs and runs back down to the bath.

Any chance you could mount the fan itself right in
the outside wall? They make a bath fan just for that.

Jim

I'd generally prefer to go out a soffit, but 25ft is too far for the
condensation issue above as well as substantial reduction in fan
capacity. I'd go with a roof vent in this case, as long as it's close
and can be done on a side that's not highly visible.