BottleBob

Default History of Machine Tools

Errol Groff wrote:

On Sat, 25 Oct 2003 21:59:48 GMT, BottleBob
wrote:

If I
were interviewing two prospective entry level apprentices I'd be more
inclined to hire the one that showed a knowledge of the practical
application of theory over one that had historical knowledge.

And I couldn't agree more. BUT, I am instructing in a vo-tech system
that is run, largely, by academic types and there are things that we
are told to do and ways in which to do them. This sort of assignment
is one of those things.

Errol:

Ahh, I see. So you have educational constraints just as job shops have
machining constraints spelled out by the customer. g

Here are a couple of thread titles with subject matter that touched on
the history of CNC:

"history of CNC"

"History Channel /Cincinnati Museum/ machine tool history"

--
BottleBob
http://home.earthlink.net/~bottlbob