wws

Default History of Machine Tools

"Errol Groff" wrote in message
On Sat, 25 Oct 2003 21:59:48 GMT, BottleBob
wrote:

Don't take this wrong, I don't mean to be overly critical here, I'm
just giving you a view from a job-shop productivity standpoint. If I
were interviewing two prospective entry level apprentices I'd be more
inclined to hire the one that showed a knowledge of the practical
application of theory over one that had historical knowledge.

And I couldn't agree more. BUT, I am instructing in a vo-tech system
that is run, largely, by academic types and there are things that we
are told to do and ways in which to do them. This sort of assignment
is one of those things.

Errol

Start with Leonardo DaVinci?