Ned Simmons

Default History of Machine Tools

In article ,
says...
I am preparing a research assignment for my students on this subject.
Looking for suggestions as to names which might be used as search
terms or links to sites that would be appropriate.

Also, I am not remembering the names that were involved in the
creation of the first NC machines back in the late forties/early
fifties. I know that the info is back in my head somewhere but it is
not coming forward. Help would be appreciated!

Giddings & Lewis is the first that comes to mind, perhaps
Warner & Swasey.

Giddings & Lewis claims they were first in this company
history.

http://www.glcastings.com/ne/basenav/dateline.asp

Ned Simmons