Posted to rec.woodworking
Andy Arhelger

Default What type of lacquer for spraying?

Thanks for the pointer.

I bought this stuff and have one coat on so far. It was very easy to use, dried nice, no
runs, almost no fumes, very nice. I didn't need to thin it, used it as is. Next coat goes
on tonight. Am happy so far. If this works as good as I hope it will be my preferred
finish from now on.

LP wrote:
On Tue, 14 Mar 2006 10:59:39 -0600, Andy Arhelger
wrote:

What type/brand of lacquer do you use for spraying and where do you get it? Menards has a
couple types of brushing lacquer. As I understand it brushing lacquer is thicker and would
need to be thinned more. Maybe not a big deal. Does anybody make a lacquer for spraying
that would be thinner? I checked the Sherwin-Williams web page and they have 6 different
types of lacquers, which one would I use for a clock I am making?

What you want is Ultima Spray Lacquer from Target Coatings.

http://www.targetcoatings.com/produc...pray_lacq.html

Waterborne, easy thinning & cleanup, fast drying, no clogging when
sanded. Its also water-clear, but tintable.