Posted to uk.d-i-y
John Rumm

Default Condenser boiler

David Hansen wrote:

On Sun, 26 Mar 2006 21:19:39 GMT someone who may be "Phil L"
wrote this:-

Condensing boilers use less gas than non condensing, meaning lower bills for
you

That is true, provided that the heating system has been
designed/modified for a condensing boiler. If it has not been then
the boiler is unlikely to condense for any significant period and
will behave much like a non-condensing boiler.

This will only be true on the very coldest of days (i.e. sub zero
outside) since the rest of the time the boilers control systems will be
able to meet the heating demand without needing maximum temperature output.

I don't think I have seen my boiler *not* condense yet, even though all
the rads were sized for a conventional system.

--
Cheers,

John.