Posted to rec.crafts.woodturning
mac davis

Default Darrell Feltmate

On Mon, 27 Mar 2006 11:41:33 GMT, "Darrell Feltmate"
wrote:

Mac and Ken
Thanks, nice ideas. I usually just eyeball the tool and sharpen but these
are good ideas for beginning users. for that matter, jig sharpening is
generally better, in my experience. I am not interested in an argument over
this and am willing to concede that a better freehand sharpener would get
better results.

I was thinking how sharpening challenged I was when I made those 3 marks and
started grinding the faces, Darrell... this sounds like a much easier way to
make the tool..

I'm using sort of a "skewchisle" tip or whatever they call it, on my Oland now..
works GREAT!

Mac

https://home.comcast.net/~mac.davis