Posted to rec.woodworking
Swingman

Default Hey Swingman - You've Been Plagurized!

"Mike Marlow" wrote in message

Was watching HGTV the other night and what to my wondering eyes should
appear - right there on TV for the whole world to see? To kick drawers in
kitchen cabinets. Yeah - you read it right, your idea published for the
world to see and not a single credit to you.

Now, for all I know these things could have been around for a long time,

but
the first time I ever saw them was in some of Swingman's pictures. My

wife
thought they were cool and I just smugly told her that I know the inventor
of them. Didn't buy me much.

Yep, I invented them, back in 1835.

Actually, they are rare in this day of purchased boxes/cheap built-ins, but
I first saw one about 20 years ago. Most cabinetmakers these days are just
too lazy to bother.

Of the two features in the kitchens I put in the houses we build, the
toe-kick drawers, along with the elevated dishwasher cabinets, seem to be
the ones that most women go gaga over. The toe-kick drawers are so well
hidden that they must be pointed out, so we generally leave one partially
pulled out during open houses ... must be an HGTV spy around?

Funny thing is I just bought the plywood yesterday specifically to build
toe-kick drawers for six cabinets in two new kitchens.

--
www.e-woodshop.net
Last update: 12/13/05