Posted to uk.d-i-y
Broadback

Default Covering rubble

Andrew Mawson wrote:
I may have to cover perhaps a 1/3 acre of builders rubble that a
previous owner has used to infill a small valley (amazingly with
planning permission it being greenbelt) with soil to return it to a
semblance of normality. It will probably only be grassed over and
possibly used as paddock

People are telling me that bricks will 'float' up from below through
the soil - has anyone any experience of this phenomenon, and what is a
reasonable depth of top soil to aim for?

AWEM

If you work the land all stone brick etc would seem to work their way
up. If however you simply put topsoil on then seed it I don't see why
it should.