Posted to uk.d-i-y
Mike Halmarack

Default Covering rubble

On Mon, 27 Mar 2006 14:31:43 +0100, "Andrew Mawson"
wrote:

I may have to cover perhaps a 1/3 acre of builders rubble that a
previous owner has used to infill a small valley (amazingly with
planning permission it being greenbelt) with soil to return it to a
semblance of normality. It will probably only be grassed over and
possibly used as paddock

People are telling me that bricks will 'float' up from below through
the soil - has anyone any experience of this phenomenon, and what is a
reasonable depth of top soil to aim for?

AWEM

I've had rubble 1.3M deep, consisting mainly of full bricks, covered
with 4 inches of soil and grassed for 4 years. None of the bricks have
shown any signs of floating or moving in any way. What sort of time
scale have you got in mind for this upsurge?
--
Regards,
Mike Halmarack

Drop the (EGG) to email me.