Posted to uk.d-i-y
Andrew Gabriel

Default CH or DG - priority?

In article ,
"Donwill" popple @diddle .dot writes:
Agreed, you can delay the windows for a few years. I used, as a temporary
measure the stick on plastic film which you contract by using a hair dryer,
it was very sucsessfull in cutting out draughts and reducing heat loss
considerably, it also lasted a couple of years so gave me the chance to save
some pennies towards the new windows.

I have a piece of that film which has been up for 20 years now, and is
still perfect. I did a very thorough job of cleaning the window behind
and the paintwork around the frame which it sticks on, and that seems
to have paid off. It's across the window over the front door. I have
been careful to avoid damaging it when plastering and painting nearby,
and its height means it's less susceptabe to damage anyway.

--
Andrew Gabriel