Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
James Riser

Default Sheldon shaper

I really should add that the 12" Sheldon shaper is very top heavy - be
careful that you do not tip it on its side when moving it.
Jim

"James Riser" wrote in message
ink.net...
Guys;
I moved mine 125 miles in the rain with a low U-Haul open bed trailer with
a drop down tailgate. I backed everything up to my carport, lowered the
ramp on the trailer, and pushed the 1600 pound 12" Sheldon shaper off into
the carport. Pipes under it made moving a snap. Out of a pickup bed
would be a pretty high drop. A forklift might be needed. I lifted mine
(engine hoist) onto a steel frame with heavy duty casters (after all of
the required rust removal, cleaning, painting, and parts making) and
rolled it into the shop. The steel frame is still under it! The shaper is
on wooden blocks though. I wanted it higher to get into my trifocal range
of vision.
Jim

"Gunner" wrote in message
On 26 Mar 2006 11:24:37 -0800, "trg-s338"
wrote:

Gunner,
I do have a full size GMC pickup truck. Perhaps renting a 4 wheel car
trailer would be adequate for such a transport?

As I recall... a 12" sheldon should fit in your pickup fairly well.
Getting it out..well..best have some help or a hydrocrane.

Ill go see Dan this coming week and see what he has.

Call him and tell him Ill be by. He knows me, not well..but well
enough.

Gunner

- Proverbs 22:3