Posted to uk.d-i-y
Gav

Default Condenser boiler

raden wrote:
In message , Gav writes
Phil L wrote:
Simon wrote:
Being a complete numpty when it comes to these things I thought I
would ask her. My landlord is changing the boiler and said he is
going to install a condenser boiler. Can someone tell me if these are
better than a standard boiler and what benefits they have?
The pilot light is forever going out on the one we have so he said he
sis replacing it. We have to light the pilot about 4 times a day,
every day
Beware he doesn't change it to a Worcester otherwise you'll be
re-lighting it 20 times a day.
Condensing boilers use less gas than non condensing, meaning lower
bills for you

efficiency is about the only good point! the bad points are the crappy
hot water, more expensive repairs/imho(limited experience) and from
what ive heard more frequent repairs. i love my system! nice big fat
bath full of red hot water! cost alot to run tho!

can't you suggest that he just fixes the current boiler, if
raden/andy/ed have a minute they could tell you what it might be and
then you could suggest it to him. if it's a combi anyway then you
probably wont notice a difference apart from the cost maybe

If it is a perm. pilot (i looks like it is from the description) then a
dirty pilot jet or thermocouple on the way out sound like the most
likely source of the problem - at a cost of very little to fix

told you raden would sort it!