Posted to rec.crafts.woodturning
mac davis

Default Ping: Darrell Feltmate

Darrell... I thought you might be interested in a tip that I picked up yesterday
at the club meeting, regarding care and feeding of 3 point tools..

The guy doing the demo (a retired shop teacher) had a hex nut on the shaft of
his 3 point tool.. looked sort of strange until he finished showing how to cut a
bead and went to sharpen it... the flats of the hex nut sat on the grinder tool
rest and lined up with the faces on the tool with the grinding wheel... Seemed
pretty clever to me..

He said that you put the nut on before you shape the faces when you make the
tool.. which would be a lot easier than the several ways that I tried, as you
might remember.. *g*

Mac

https://home.comcast.net/~mac.davis