Posted to rec.woodworking
Australopithecus scobis

Default Screwdriver bits for brace

On Thu, 23 Mar 2006 15:28:19 +0000, Tim W opined:

hadn't thought of cutting the tip off a screwdriver. That is what I will do,

As long as you have the metal tools out, go ahead and file or grind a
couple of flats on the end of the shank. That way you won't need a death
grip to keep it from turning in the chuck.

Regarding the notion of chucking a hex tip: You might want to use one of
the longer tips. The large brace chuck will obscure your view if it's too
close to the surface.

(I'm waiting for someone to market dedicated Robertson tips for Yankee
screwdrivers, instead of hex-adaptor + tip.)

--
"Keep your ass behind you"
wreck20051219 at spambob.net