Posted to uk.d-i-y
Tim Lamb

Default replacement batteries

In message , Mark
writes

Tim Lamb wrote in message
Some time back there was a post advising a good source for rechargeable
cells for battery powered hand tools.

My 9.6 volt Bosch (old style) battery has died. Healeys are out of stock
and at £47 each I would have been reluctant to buy anyway.
They did mention a cheaper £23 or so alternative which has a higher
amp/hour rating but still not in stock.

I have always rebuilt my own battery packs
If you can get them at a reasonable price Sanyo N-2600CR sub c are
excellent, but cost about £3.90 each.
Alternately a friend who plays with model race cars has tried these, and
apparently are good value for the money at £1.75 each. YMMV

Ni-mh though. I'll see if Healey's price is exchange or not and see if
they plan to re-order.

I don't want to chew up the casing and then regret it.

I begin to believe that the cost of battery replacements is what drives
the sale of new drills.

regards

--
Tim Lamb