Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
Andrew VK3BFA

Default hydraulic hose tool question

Mr. Bla wrote:
Has anyone here found a cheap hydraulic hose crimping tool? I am Building a
kit car and will need to custom make a/c and power steering lines but all
the crimping tools are over 1000$. any help would be appreciated

They are expensive because they are precision tools that HAVE to do a
100% job. Get them made up as suggested - not good to have a home made
brake hose blow when you put that extra "stop real fast" load on the
pedal....

On a slightly similar note - one of our Australian warships had a major
engine room fire where a few people died. Traced to a contractor doing
a lousy job on the engine feed fuel line crimping..........they
blew........ah, the joys of "economic rationalisation" and "contracting
out".....

Andrew VK3BFA.