Posted to alt.home.repair
digitalmaster

Default Small engine help

"Sacramento Dave" wrote in message
. com...
the engine on my lawn edger has started pulsating. the RPM's go high and
low. It has been sitting for awhile, but I do put gas saver in my gas
before winter. The edger is about a year old, If I hold the throttle
linkage it runs smooth, the linkage move when running. Any suggestions?

check your air filter..sometimes when they get dirty they will do that.
Is it a briggs and stratton engine with the carb mounted to the fuel tank???
If it is sometimes the carb base will warp and it will suck air between the
carb and the tank and get the same effect.