Posted to alt.home.repair
RBM

Default Residential service specs

No John, I'm perfectly happy in NY. I have a sister that just bought a house
out there, and my dad, who's almost 80 is going out to upgrade her service.
He's been a licensed electrician since he was 20, but I'm afraid he'll find
something like the meter pan has to be supplied by the utility company or
some other such thing that would hold him up. Apparently they allow the home
owner to file and do their own work, but like you indicated, if he has to
hire a seismologist or some other silly thing, he's not going to be to happy

Thanks, Roy

"John Grabowski" wrote in message

"RBM" rbm2(remove wrote in message
Does anyone know the local particulars for doing a single family

residential
overhead service upgrade in Santa Cruz, Ca.?

tia, rbm

It's been a long time since I did any work in California RB. All I can
tell
is that they have more codes than any other state that I know of.
Seismic,
handicap, sound are just some of the codes that you need to be aware.
They
also have an energy code. I think it is called Title 24. You need to
submit load schedules with your applications and drawings. Each
municipality also has their own regulations. I can't remember if a
homeowner is permitted to do work on his or her own house.

Check out this site: http://www.ci.santa-cruz.ca.us/pl/index.html

Are you moving to the west coast?