Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
DoN. Nichols

Default L-w index head info in drop box

According to Richard W. :
I posted a few scans of information for the L-W chuck Co. index heads. Also
there is information for spiral milling leads with an index head. I don't
see why this information wouldn't work for any brand of index head with 40
to 1 gear ratio.

It probably should, with the same set of change gears available,
and the right fixturing to mount them.

http://metalworking.com/DropBox/indexlw.txt

http://metalworking.com/DropBox/indexlw.txt

http://metalworking.com/DropBox/indexlw2.jpg

http://metalworking.com/DropBox/indlead1.jpg

http://metalworking.com/DropBox/indlead2.jpg

I hope this helps a lot of people.

Thanks.

One minor niggle, however. The charts are somewhat difficult
read in the heads of the columns where the text is vertical on the
"inlead" files at least.

The problem is that the scans were to .jpg format, a "lossy"
format, and would have been a lot better with almost any other format.
I normally scan things with lots of detail to .tif format, and then
convert that to postscript and from there to .pdf when I want to share
such things. Just plain .tif would be pretty good. Even Window's .bmp
format would be better than .jpg, other than the fact that it has *no*
compression, so the files are gigantic. :-)

Again, thanks,
DoN.
--
Email: | Voice (all times): (703) 938-4564