Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
Martin H. Eastburn

Default Sheldon shaper

Don't I wish I had the forklift.

Let me know of the model number if you can. That sounds like what I could use.

Martin

Martin Eastburn
NRA LOH & Endowment Member
IHMSA and NRA Metallic Silhouette maker & member

Gunner wrote:
I should ammend my previous post about the Sheldon in question.

It may well be repairable. The part may be readily fixed, or a new one
built. However..as others have said..in a broken condition..its not
worth $800. I can buy minty functional Sheldons for that much.

I was unable to get a very clear picture of the Gemco today..though
did get a few from the outside of the fence. Ill hunt through my
archives for the earlier ones I took.

The footprint is reasonable..about 6-7' long, perhaps 4 feet wide at
most. About the size of a 14" lathe, perhaps a little wider in foot
print. All the controls are on one side..so it could be placed against
a wall length wise and run, rather than extended into the garage.

Ill find the photos and put them on my yahoo album or the drop box and
post the location here.

Ive a call into the owner, as to the price at the moment..and also
because he has the cutest little Clark forklift..looks like a kids
toy...probably a 1000 lb capacity..about right for me in
manuverability..and I can probably trade him out of it.....

Gunner

- Proverbs 22:3