Posted to alt.home.repair
John Grabowski

Default Residential service specs

"RBM" rbm2(remove wrote in message
Does anyone know the local particulars for doing a single family

residential
overhead service upgrade in Santa Cruz, Ca.?

tia, rbm

It's been a long time since I did any work in California RB. All I can tell
is that they have more codes than any other state that I know of. Seismic,
handicap, sound are just some of the codes that you need to be aware. They
also have an energy code. I think it is called Title 24. You need to
submit load schedules with your applications and drawings. Each
municipality also has their own regulations. I can't remember if a
homeowner is permitted to do work on his or her own house.

Check out this site: http://www.ci.santa-cruz.ca.us/pl/index.html

Are you moving to the west coast?