Posted to uk.d-i-y
Robert

Default Contrasting oil versus tank LPG central heating costs

In article , writes
On 25 Mar,
Robert wrote:

My house is 1700 sq ft total floor area and uses 2000 litres of heating
oil a year. At 11.53 KW/litre for light heating oil that amounts to
11530 KW a year.

23060 shirley.

The cost of 2000 litres of oil at my last fill was .38p per litre total
cost of £798 including 5% VAT.

As my boiler was checked at 93.1% efficiency at the last service that
means the actual total annual heating load for my house is 10737KW.

21474 likewise

If I were to have heated my house by electricity the price per unit at
that time was 6.75p with no standing charge.
The cost of 10737KW of electricity would have been £760.98 including VAT

£11521.96

- an annual saving of £37.02 when comparing electricity to oil.

Loss of £798

At an annual loss of £37.02 I would therefore never recover the
installation costs of an oil heating system and would actually be £370.20
out of pocket after ten years rather than breaking even as you stat

More like £7000 in pocket. Can't be bad.

You are quite right of course. I am enrolling for a maths evening
class.
--
Robert