Posted to rec.woodworking
dadiOH

Default Screwdriver bits for brace

Mike Marlow wrote:

The bit brace is far more stable than an electric drill. It is
longer, and the pad is designed to be braced by not just your hand,
but also by your chest, thigh or even forehead if necessary. An
electric drill is difficult to brace in that way. And, that extra
support from your chest, thigh or forehead also translates into
extra pressure holding the bit in the screw slot - which keeps it
from camming out.

Several people have stated this so I have to believe there is truth
to it. I did wonder though, how many of those who spoke did so not
out of experience, but out of having heard it said.

In my case, it was out of experience. I owned a sizeable sailboat for a
number of years and the brace was my buddy

--

dadiOH

dadiOH's dandies v3.06...