Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
Gunner

Default Sheldon shaper

On 25 Mar 2006 02:16:09 -0800, "trg-s338"
wrote:

Supposedly, it was damaged when high school kids were loading it onto
the transport. Whether that incident affected the gear train adversely
or not, I don't know. You, Too_Many_Tools, are probably correct in you
assessment though. I am not clear on how that could happen, I presume
that the arm is internal to the machine?

At this point..Im not terribley sure what part was broken. Can you
take a picture?

Gunner, I've come to appreciate your comments and look forward to your
posts both on this topic and other threads you participate in. Just to
let you know, I am currently in discussion with the folks on another
thread in this group entitled "Splines" if you have not seen it
already. There the topic has led to my discussion of my homebuilt skid
steer project. Seeing that you are interested in a fork lift, you
might find my project/learning experience at least a moderately
interesting read.

But don't forget, I'm still searching for a reasonable shaper for that
reasonable price. Thanks to all.

- Proverbs 22:3