Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
Andy Dingley

Default Propane torches

On Thu, 23 Mar 2006 16:10:12 GMT, wrote:

http://www.abana.org/ronreil/ezburner.shtml

build your own burner from the ironmonger's, if they still have such a beast in
the UK.

IMHO, it's not worth building your own Ron Reil burner in the UK.

- They're fussy beasts. There's a lot of fiddling about with precise
sizes that Ron has sorted out already. The advantage of his burner
design is that he already knows a #23 twiddly works and a #22 doesn't,
you don't have to do the experiment with both.

- You can't get the bits in the UK. Although we do have bits, we can't
just find the exact same part numbers and so it's not possible to get
the advantage of a simple ready-adjusted build by using exactly matching
sizes.

- There's a guy in the USA (linked from or to Ron's site) who makes and
sells this design of burner.
http://www.hybridburners.com/#Burners
They're well made, neatly finished and his prices are reasonable. If
you want such a beast, getting one of his is just a lot easier.
http://www.jarkman.co.uk/catalog/for...inderforge.htm