Posted to uk.d-i-y
Dave Plowman (News)

Default OT NTL digital STB additional use

In article ,
dave wrote:
If you're happy with the sound quality of the radio channels as heard
through your TV, DAB will sound just fine.

I didn't actually say I was happy with it - but compared to my ancient
drifting trannie it's much better. The TV does have quad speakers
although I am well aware that speakers in a TV is no way hi quality
sound. DAB wil NOT be just fine for me if the bandwidth of the
transmission bandwidth varies with the programme.

Nice theory but you really need to try it out first rather than just
rejecting it out of hand. I know many people who are happy with it
compared to a 'drifting trannie'. I only use it for R3 and R4 at different
times of the day on a very expensive system and it sounds ok. Agreed some
of the pop channels sound crap but then they do on FM or DTTV as well due
to the processing before the transmitter. What the public wants,
apparently.

--
*Many hamsters only blink one eye at a time *

Dave Plowman London SW
To e-mail, change noise into sound.