Posted to uk.d-i-y
Robert

Default Contrasting oil versus tank LPG central heating costs

In article , Andrew Mawson
writes
Has anyone done the figures contrasting running costs of oil or LPG in
a big tank for central heating?

Place we may be moving to has no gas, it was oil back in the 1980's
but the current owner has totally destroyed the C/H system - cut off
copper pipes flush with the solid floors - and installed wall mounted
electric convector heaters "oh they don't cost much to run at all" -
now do I believe that ! Also they are all on the 1970's ring mains so
no doubt grossly overloaded. As it's going to be a total strip out and
refurbish I will probably put a wet system in and fully re-wire but
which fuel is the best choice - no problems with siting tanks as it's
a large plot.

AWEM

Whether you install LPG or oil it's going to cost you an arm and a leg
in installation costs that will never be repaid by any savings that you
make on the reduced running costs of LPG or oil compared to electric
heating. I would suggest that the very first thing that you need to do
is have the existing system checked out by an electrician. It may be
perfectly OK.
--
Robert