Posted to rec.woodworking
John Martin

Default Screwdriver bits for brace

Chris Friesen wrote:
John Martin wrote:

The 14" brace is capable of driving a #24
screw into hardwood without any great effort. I'm guessing your drill
motor would have a tough time with that, assuming that you could get a
bit to fit it.

Haven't tried #24 into hardwood, but I've used a basic corded drill with
a socket adapter to put large lag bolts into 4x4 lumber without predrilling.

I bet a low-rpm 1/2" power drill would do even better. And if you
wanted to really go nuts, try one of these:

http://www.milwaukeeconnect.com/weba...38_189333_362#

Chris

What would you chuck into that drill to drive the screws? Remember,
he's talking about wood screws, not lags.

You could also use an impact wrench. Same question, though.

John Martin