Posted to rec.crafts.woodturning
Leo Lichtman

Default Skew problems

"Maxprop" wrote: (clip) Any suggestions will be appreciated.
I used to have a lot of skew troubles. Our club chairman suggested that I
start using the skew as much as possible, particularly for things like
roughing and gross shaping. There seems to be a special kind of nervousness
that goes with the critical finishing cuts, that makes the skew more
treacherous. You will not be good with the skew are able to relax--until
you are able to concentrate on the shape, letting your "muscle memory" take
care of the mechanical part. It's a lot like learning to drive, or play
music.