Posted to uk.d-i-y
Nick

Default araldite comparisons

Tim Lamb wrote:

You can accelerate Araldite curing time by applying a modest level of
heat. What it does to bond strength is beyond my knowledge.

I used similar epoxy resins in a job for six years. I discovered
that moderate heat helped the epoxy to set better and harder.
Heat also helps if you have not got the mixture proportions quite
right (which usually happens when mixing a small quantity).
The heat was applied by putting the article to be glued in a box
containing a light bulb, for a few hours. It is important to heat
the article before applying the epoxy. It will tend to get very
runny at that stage, so allow for that.