Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
AL

Default Harbor Freight Robin Subaru Generator ?

You snipped too much of my previous statements.

As I said, a cheap generator obtains 240V using a cost reduced method of
connecting two 120V circuits in series. As a consequence of this cheap
method of obtaining 240V, each 120V circuit is only capable of half of the
max output of the generator.

A fancy generator has a different type of winding, which allows max output
to be delivered to a single 120V circuit. In addition, it also has 240V.

"Richard J Kinch" wrote in message
. ..
AL writes:

Sorry, I mean to say "Cheap generators provide two separate 120V
circuits which are connected in SERIES to get 240V."

What has that got to do with being cheap? Some applications call for both
120 and 240.