Posted to alt.home.repair
Hobbs Family

Default variable speed drive

The sentiment I am picking up on is the benefits of this technology is
limited and the potential downside could be expensive. That being said, I am
sticking with the traditional setup. Thanks to all.

Keith

"Tony Hwang" wrote in message
newsNKUf.178144$B94.168621@pd7tw3no...
Hobbs Family wrote:

I will soon have a well drilled on my property and it is an option to
have a variable speed motor controller. I really can't find much
information about these controllers on the web, other than industrial
applications. I have heard they are more energy efficient and work the
pump less and I have heard they are the most overrated and expensive
components you can add to your well system. Does any one have any facts.
Hell, I'll take opinions too.

Keith

Hmmm,
Common rule of thumb, the fancier it gets, the more trouble.