Posted to rec.woodworking
Upscale

Default Screwdriver bits for brace

"Mike Marlow" wrote in message
everything. A brace and bit is quite unstable before it can really dig

in,
which of course it can't do with a driver bit in it. With all of that

body
weight leaning into it at a further distance from the object, it becomes
more unstable than a drill motor.

Don't know that I'd agree with all of that. Certainly, if the brace and but
was not centred, then it has a good chance of being unstable. However the
biggest problem I've noticed with a drill and bit is the fact that unless
you're extremely careful, it gets up to speed really fast, throwing the bit
off what you're working on. The brace and bit on the other hand, is much
more controllable at low speed, even with power behind it.