Posted to rec.woodworking
Leon

Default Okay, dadoed miter question

"RicodJour" wrote in message
ups.com...

You feel that using the dado head on an angle is safer than using a
router?

In my case I feel that using a router any time over using a dado set is
probably safer. But tilting the dado set does not add danger over using it
90 degrees to the table. If that were true, using a miter gauge to cut
dados at an angle would be just as dangerous because one side of the blade
has more load as it enters the wood and using a sacrificial fence to cut
rabbet's would be dangerous because the side of the dado set inside the
sacrificial fence would not be cutting wood and would cause stress on the
set up also.