Posted to rec.woodworking
RicodJour

Default Okay, dadoed miter question

Swingman wrote:

Obviously, if you don't feel comfortable with a particular operation, or
don't have the knowledge and equipment to perform it safely, don't do it.

I'd like to add to that, if you don't feel comfortable with a
particular operation, or feel comfortable and perhaps you shouldn't,...

That said, it's a damn shame to irrationally miss out on one of the useful
features of a tool that may actually do a job more safely than a
"workaround".

You feel that using the dado head on an angle is safer than using a
router?

What lesson is the OP trying to teach the kids? Anything the rug rats
learn besides shop safety is gravy.

I just got off of the phone with Freud.
Freud, Inc.
218 Feld Avenue
High Point, NC 27263
(800) 334-4107
Their tech rep, Chad, just answered this specific question. His
answer, "Yeah, do _not_ do that. We don't recomment that as it puts
too much load on the whole setup."

I suppose that along with RTFM there should be CTSAA - call tech
support and ask.