Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
Tim Wescott

Default Sifting Manure

Ecnerwal wrote:
In article ,
Tim Wescott wrote:

We have this big ol' pile of horse manure out back, which we can't
spread out in the pasture because it is full of rocks that are just
about exactly the right size for causing problems with horses feet
(according to SWMBO, at least). The sizes range from sand to 3-4 inches.

How did those get _in_ there?

From the paddock. Either from the native soil or because the previous
owner was confused about the right stuff to floor a paddock with. At
any rate, the paddock is essentially 1 minus, with some bigger things
thrown in. That's the other part of the project -- stripping the old
manure, covering the too-big stuff with road cloth, and covering _that_
with 1/4 minus ("rock dust" if you're on the east coast).

--

Tim Wescott
Wescott Design Services

Posting from Google? See http://cfaj.freeshell.org/google/