Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

Default Propane torches

More information on what you are trying to do would help. Propane will
work for silver brazing and for brazing copper with Silphos. The size
of the object makes a big difference as well as using insulating
firebrick or something to keep the object from losing heat.

Dan

wrote:
I could weld once - about 50 years ago - but have lost the art. I now
need to do some brazing, but cant justify expensive kit.

Here in the UK there a lot of plumbers torches, and you have to be
careful about getting the right one for brazing. MAPP gas is OK
apparently, but costs an arm and a leg, so I want to stick to propane.

It appears that propane torches running at about 4 bar get hot enough
without an air supply. Does any one know if this is correct please?
What are the respectable makes? Rothenberger seems to be around a lot.
What about Silverline or Bullfinch??

Any ideas welcome.

David B.