Posted to alt.home.repair
bob kater

Default variable speed drive

Many of the controller in use throughout industry but not sure its worth the
cost for your application. Replacement of the controller would be quite
expensive. I use an oversize pressure tank to keep down all the starting and
stopping. Without that the pump started every time I got drink of water.
"Hobbs Family" wrote in message
I will soon have a well drilled on my property and it is an option to have
a variable speed motor controller. I really can't find much information
about these controllers on the web, other than industrial applications. I
have heard they are more energy efficient and work the pump less and I have
heard they are the most overrated and expensive components you can add to
your well system. Does any one have any facts. Hell, I'll take opinions
too.

Keith