Posted to sci.electronics.repair
sofie

Default REQ - opinion - these "cold" soldering irons

GregS:
My brother got one for his birthday last month..... IMHO it is nothing more
than a toy.... might be useful for a very occasional solder job like a
soldering a wire on a battery clip or some other light duty job. I tried
several solder jobs and got less than satisfactory results and I certainly
wouldn't use in around and near semiconductor junctions.
So there..... an opinion of a user.
By the way, if you ever take a piece of equipment to a service shop and they
have one of these "cold" soldering irons on the bench..... leave
immediately, don't leave your equipment, find a different shop.
--
Best Regards,
Daniel Sofie

"GregS" wrote in message
return addy is spamblocked. To reply, remove the zeroes.

I look for opinion of users, but I don't think I ever have seen a user

respond,
only speculators.

greg