Posted to rec.woodworking
Tim W

Default Screwdriver bits for brace

"AAvK" wrote in message
news:MSCUf.90$Fl.46@fed1read09...

Excellent, many thanks. I didn't make it clear I already have the brace.

hadn't thought of cutting the tip off a screwdriver. That is what I will

do,
except I will use a cheapy new one instead of a worn out old one.

Tim W

Yes, make sure you have two inches that will go into the chuck, and then

the
length you need that comes out from the chuck. A full 5" total length is

good.
And when mounted, that chuck must be as tight as possible without being
impossible to loosen.

Actually having experimented the chuck of my brace will hold an ordinary
hexagonal magnetic driver bit-holder perfectly fast, so there is no neeed
for a special bit and no need for cutting tips off of screwdrivers.I
shouldn't even have posted the question here without checking this first.

tim W