Posted to rec.woodworking
the_tool_man

Default Epoxy, PVA, yellow, Gorilla Glue or something else?

Hi Pete:

I would stay away from the PVA's, because as others have noted, they
creep over time. Epoxy is overkill, and as you found, expensive.
Also, the glue-up will be complex enough without worrying about mixing
a two-part adhesive. I have used polyurethane glue (Gorilla) for
years, and am quite happy with it. It's priced between the PVA and
epoxy. It is strong, can fill small gaps without significant loss of
strength, is waterproof, and simple (one-part). Squeez-out is easily
dealt with by allowing the glue to cure, and scraping away the
resulting foam. Wear gloves, though, or your fingers will be black for
weeks.

Regards,
John.