Posted to uk.d-i-y
Richard Faulkner

Default Sump Pump Battery Back Up - Suppliers?

Hi,

One of my semi basement flats is subject to flooding when we have heavy
rain. It seems that the water table rises and the water pressure forces
it into the flat in one corner.

About 3 years ago, we dug a sump outside the flat, (outdoors), and put
an electric sump pump in it. This worked fine for 3 years, then we had
another flood - the pump had failed.

We've fitted a new pump, but I would like to fit a battery backup to
cope with possible future failures, which could include power.

I can find a few in the US, but none in the UK - I've been Googling for
about 3 hours.

(Whenever my other half tells me she cant find something after hours of
Googling, I usually put a few search terms in and find what she is
looking for - so forgive me if that happens here).

Regds
--
Richard Faulkner