Posted to alt.home.repair

Default Was: Question about water heater pressure relief valve is leaking, now, Anode Replacement?

I have never tried figuring there was a greater risk of damaging the
tank or causing a new leak messing with it. I quit raining them too for
much the same reason never got anything out and had troubles with leaky
drain valves.

tanks last at least 10 years on average, for a 350 buck tank that $35 a
year, a minor cost for peace of mind. I tend to buy longer guaranteed
tanks for less hassle.

I am 49 years old and wonder how many more tanks will need replacing in
my lifetime?