Posted to sci.electronics.repair
Mark D. Zacharias

Default Please help with 2SC2331 identification

Gordon W wrote:
I've been given a broken Samsung TV, model TV-686ST. On the neck
board is a burnt transistor, QV07, a 2SC2331. The board is SCT12B.

My problem is, the data sheets I find show the 2SC2331 as a 100V 2A
TO-220 while my part is a TO-92MOD which drives a 2SC2344 and 2SA1011
pair.

Should I go ahead and use the TO-220 and also what is the value of the
emitter resistor? It looks like it was a 120 ohm 2 or more watts.

Appreciate any help you can give.

Gordon

PS I've traced the cct and can post on abse if that would help.

PPS I used to have a repair site that gave, model, fault, repair.
Anyone know of one?

Undoubtably a KSC2331, a Korean type. If the specs match you're still OK,
but the basing is opposite.

Mark Z.